Monday 11 November 2013

Walking the dog

I decided at the start of the year that I would only paint in oils for at least a year so I could get a bit more control. Sometimes though I fancy a dabble and it just isn't convenient to lug large amounts of kit around. This morning I was feeling energetic and Dexter the Dog wanted to go for a jog so I put my little watercolour box and a sketchbook in my backpack and we headed upwards. After a goodly climb we headed down a wooded track and found a wonderful tumbling stream. I can never resist running water, and it is soooo difficult to paint. This is my sketchbook page.


The location was completely inaccessible for an easel, I was perched on a tiny ledge, with Dexter patiently next to me fending off the curious gaze of passers by who were clambering up the very narrow and steep track.
I would love to do a studio version of this. One for a rainy day from sketchbook and photo references.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Route des Grands Prés,Pralognan-la-Vanoise,France

No comments:

Post a Comment