Thursday 9 August 2012

L'Auberge des Fontanettes with new clothes

Auberge des Fontanettes
9x12"
Oils on panel

It is my intention to spend the entire year painting only in oils.  I feel that until you are confident, competant and comfortable with a medium, chopping and changing can prove to be more than just a distraction.  I spent a year painting in nothing but acrylics until I got a handle on them.  Now it is the turn of oils, but I think I have come home at last.

This is one of our favourite mountain retreats, but without it's cloak of snow it looks quite different.  I have painted it many times, but I think it does no harm to revisit, (and I can always call in and get a refreshing drink when it gets hot and tiring).

The dark shadow isnt on the paiting, it is the shadow of the easel holder.  The paint was very wet so I didnt really want to move it or I would get oil paint all over my camera.  Not good.

My paintings are always for sale. Please email me if you are interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment