Saturday 18 August 2012

A short walk in high pastures

I have been concentrating my efforts on reducing my payload.  To that end I have cut my colour selection down to 6 + white, less brushes, less everything, so that I can manage to hike without needing a pack donkey or a porter.
This trip, which was my first sortie more than 100 metres from my car, took me a 45 minute uphill trek to one of my favourite spots near the Refuge de Roque de la Peche.
It was in full sun so I was relieved to have taken my brolly.  It takes a bit of securing to prevent it being blown away and taking my set up with it, but the shade it affords enables me to see the colours, and the intensity in a more accurate manner.
As usual it need a couple of tweaks when I got back home, but it now takes its rightful position amongst my ever growing collection of mountain views.  A friend has made a rustic style of frame for me.  I really like the effect, it suits the mountain paintings very well.  I will post a photograph shortly.
In the mean time here is

Le Gorge de Montaiment


Oil on panel


12 x 9"







No comments:

Post a Comment