Monday 26 October 2009

The time has come...



Am I really ready for the world (or at least those few souls who find this post) to see fruits of my labours?

I have painted in watercolours for a long time, and have recently started painting plein-air (or outside for those who don't speak French) in pastels.

I am working on sanded paper, either Art Spectrum Colourfix or Hermes.
I haven't decided if I prefer the stronger base colours or the more muted. I feel perhaps if I want a softer (more romantic?) end result the softer colours may help, but as with all things I do they tend to be on the strong side.

This is Grande Casse in the Vanoise National Park, Savoie, France. It is the highest peak in the Vanoise massif.
I made this painting on a glorious autumn day, but being late October it was getting a little cool. You can see the ski runs below the peaks, now bereft of snow, but it won't be long until they get their winter coat of white.
The Glacier that runs down the mountain is known locally as 'the tongue' (for fairly obvious reasons)
Next year is the 150th anniversary of it being climbed for the first time, by an Englishman William Mathews, with guides Michel Croz and E. Favre on August 8 1860

Pastel on Colourfix approx 33x24cms


My work is always for sale.
If you are interested please email me.

No comments:

Post a Comment