Monday 26 October 2009

My new set up


One thing that has hindered me from painting out with pastels in the past is how best to transport them.

I tried various boxes and small assortments but never had enough colours for what I wanted, or the boxes were inconvenient.

A month or so ago I bit the bullet and ordered a Heilman Backpack Box from the USA (on the recommendation of my good friend and excellent pastellist Margaret Evans. It arrived in remarkably good time (about 10 days) then I had the joy of loading it. I was amazed to get most of my stash of colours in, with a bit of careful packing.

This pic is my set up before I started the painting of Grande Casse that I put up earlier.
It is really sturdy, fits happily on top of my (fairly substantial) camera tripod, and the easel support is a great addition. I am really chuffed with it.

It has been up a couple of mountains with me already. I am still working on the minimal packing concept. Not a thing that comes naturally to me, but lugging kilos up high mountain tracks might be good for my weight but not my back.

No comments:

Post a Comment