Tuesday 27 October 2009

Another chilly day



Another chilly day. I had Parsnip (our Jack Russell Terrier) with me and she shivered in the boot most of the day. I have a little hatchback, and if I park in the right direction I can sit in the boot and paint quite happily on my easel and box set up.

This is a view from the car park at the end of the road up towards Roc de la Peche, which is a refuge about 5 kms up into the mountains. It is not a hard walk, and the views and surroundings are well worth the effort. The refuge is open all year although in the snow you have to use snowshoes, and has a lovely restaurant, together with rooms and very good facilities.

The early snow sits well on the higher mountains and shimmers gently into the valleys below. At this high altitude (around 1800m) it lingers for days. There are glimpses of autumn but there are few deciduous trees at this level. Most of the colour is from stems and berries.
Despite the sunshine you need plenty layers.

Pastel on Hermes sanded paper
approx 36x24cms

My work is always for sale. If you are interested please email me.

No comments:

Post a Comment