Friday 30 October 2009

A change of scene


We have moved down country to stay in Wills new house in Languedoc Rousillon. The others have gone off to do a boat delivery leaving me in charge of two crotchety furry ladies who are doing their best to ignore each other but now and again can't resist the temptation to snarl and roll round on the floor with bits of each other in their mouths.
In between times I went out to paint the etang, with Mt Canigou behind, but arrived at my chosen spot to find I had no brushes with me, so did a bit of sketching: Mainly fishermen in silhouetted boats. Hopefully resource material for future works.
I was thanked for my efforts however by the most glorious sunset, as the red sun went down behind the mountain the colours and reflections in the water were truly amazing. As luck would have it I didn't have my camera with me, and the hope of a repetition over this weekend is receding fast as there is forecast of howling winds coming this way. I am going to try to get out early tomorrow, the sun from the east should be nice illuminating the distant mountains,

Here is another pastel done before I left Pralognan. The Grand Bec is in the background. This road is only accessible in the summer, and the chalets up here are only for summer use too, but there is lots of renovation going on. Delightful spot.

Pastel on Hermes sanded paper.
approx 33 x 24 cms.

My work is always for sale.
If you are interested please email me

No comments:

Post a Comment