Friday 22 October 2010

Time for an oil change

I spent a week in Tuscany lately, with Maddine Insalaco and Joe Vinson of Etruscan Places.  It was a pretty intensive week of Plein Air oil painting, which is not something I normally do, but I really enjoyed it.  Here are a selection of my paintings, (after I had reviewed them and make some small modifications - mainly adjusting the contrast and intensifying a few darks.  There are some more - but I will post those when I have had chance to finish them off.

This is the first - a view from the terrace of our accommodation (which I can really recommend - more of that later).  The umbrella pines and tall spiky Lombardy pines are so typical of the area.  These line the approach road to the farm and stand proudly silhoutted on the hillside.  The olive groves below provided problems of their own due to their regular patterns and softly stated colourings.
This is still a work in progress.  Seeing it on screen really shows up what I need to alter!! I will re-post when it is adjusted.


Umbrellas and Lombardys - Armena
Oils on paper 20x20cms
My paintings are always for sale.  If you are interested please email me.

No comments:

Post a Comment