Monday 9 August 2010

Summer again


After much flitting about we are back in Pralognan, the weather hasn't been as consistent as last year, so I have established a more permanent (than the dining room table) studio upstairs in the attic. The light is good and here is plenty of space, unfortunately the access (via ladder) is a little precarious, but hey ho...

The first of my summer offerings is here, started in the spring from sketches on site and photographs to follow up. The first painting finished in my new studio!
It is the view upstream of the Torrent de la Gliere, with the round dome of Le Moriond behind, from the Pont de Creuset at the hamlet of Fontanettes. I have got some great photos of the same view covered in snow so I'll save that for later.

Acrylic on canvas. 40x40cm

My paintings are always for sale. If you are interested please email me.

No comments:

Post a Comment