Wednesday 23 April 2014

Flushed with success

After the rush to my head of my last BIG painting i thought I had better have another go, especially as I had a similar blank canvas in the cupboard.

On this occasion mum and I had been dabbling with pastel on a subject that has been lurking around my 'got to paint that one day' because it was a lovely photograph, taken on the way back home after a great day on the slopes in a neighbouring ski area.

Here is my rough pastel sketch, which quite picked up the moody misty evening

This is a smallish (10x12") sketch in pastel on Ingres paper, done mainly to prove to my Mum that Ingres paper really is quite a satisfactory substrate for working in pastel:



This is the final oil version, 70x 50cms Oils on canvas
Misty evening Val d'Arly.
It looks more blue in the photo than it really is, I need to photograph it again in a better light.



No comments:

Post a Comment