Monday 9 September 2013

Crazy seasons

This year has galloped by and I have a lot of catching up to do. A slow start, hampered by having to rush off unexpectedly to the other side of the world meant I didn't get much winter painting in.

I did manage to use my newly finished attic to paint two of my neighbouring chalets. I like the cool contrasts of the big mountains that tower over our little alpine village with the warmth of the wooden chalets. I can see these from our chalet so it means I can paint inside where it is decidedly warmer. Much as I love plein air painting, I hate the cold.

The second one with the red shutters is a reworking of a little watercolour sketch, done out of our kitchen window. A real Hansel and Gretel house, one of the oldest in the village, and virtually unchanged inside. The bit of fence showing is our garden fence. I have never seen as much snow as we had this year.

Both of these are oils on board.





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Pralognan la Vanoise

No comments:

Post a Comment