Tuesday 16 March 2010

Winter works


It has been a while since I have posted; time has been taken up by other (glassy) creative adventures and the irresistible charms of snow sports. However the lure of the scenery called and I have mangaged another couple of paintings, this time in acrylics. I love the vibrancy of the colours and the texture of the canvas.
Both are subjects I found in the summer, and look totally different cloaked in snow.
It has been too cold to work outdoors, so in both cases I took my sketchbook and tiny tin of watercolours together with my camera. When the sun shines there is enough warm time to do small watercolour sketches (croquis in French I think) take lots of photos and then work the sketches up into finished works in the warmth of the chalet.

Hameau de Cholliere.
Acrylic on canvas 30 x 30 cms

All my paintings are for sale. If you are interested please email me.

No comments:

Post a Comment